Behavioral Competency Libraries: Define Success
HRSG's Competency Libraries cover the business and interpersonal skills, attributes and knowledge that repeatedly differentiate between excellent and mediocre hires.
Use HRSG's behavioral competency library to:
- Identify core competencies that embody your organization's values and mandate
- Match changing job requirements with the most qualified employee/candidate
- Standardize the hiring process, ensure successful repeatable results, and minimize risk
- Identify and develop your top performers and leaders
- Strategically plan and manage your human capital
"We don't know how we existed before we had HRSG's competencies. We couldn't go ahead with succession planning or other programs...We have to have good people, and to choose the best people for strategic initiatives, we need to have competencies."
-Karen Cowrie, HR Officer
Phoenix Park Gas Processors
Why Use a Competency Library?
Make informed HR decisions by establishing the criteria to define your workforce architecture, establish business analytics, and encourage continuous improvement. A well developed competency library allows you to:
- Prepare competency-based job descriptions or models that become the benchmark for hiring, developing, promoting and re-organizing.
- Identify your organization's core competencies and align employee's skills with corporate goals and values.
- Develop employees skills at all levels of your organization by measuring and addressing gaps.
What can you expect?
- HRSG's behavioral competencies were developed over 30 years of practical research and experience.
- Each competency is scaled to 5 levels of proficiency enabling effective career pathing, succession planning and assessing development.
- For each level within a competency, unique behavioral indicators define competence in measurable and observable terms.